Intensive Outpatient Program
Cornerstone’s Intensive Outpatient Program supports those individuals who do not require 24-hour care in residential treatment, but are looking for structured help with chemical dependency.
Clients must be at least 18 years of age and struggle with alcohol or drug use. They must be free of serious medical or psychological diagnoses and motivated to participate in treatment. Clients must be willing to attend the required number of IOP sessions and submit to random drug and alcohol screens. They must have access to reliable transportation and live in a home environment that is stable and drug free.
What does Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) offer?
- Thorough addiction and Bio-Psycho assessments
- Group Education and therapy
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy and education
- Schema therapy
- 12 step recovery model and mandatory 12-step participation
- Coping skills to manage stress, anxiety and depression in recovery
- Meditation and Spirituality
- Access to the Continuous Care / Aftercare programs
- Assistance with reporting requirements to governing boards
All Intensive Outpatient Groups are facilitated by a masters-level credentialed counselor.
Intensive outpatient therapy typically lasts 10 weeks. For the convenience of those who work and have family and children obligations, we offer both morning and evening IOP sessions.
Cornerstone of Recovery offers healing to the entire family. Through a variety of family services, we help families work through their hurt and pain, provide structured emotional support, and educate family members about the disease of chemical dependency.
Patients and family members/significant support are invited to attend therapy programming the first and third Saturday of every month from 9am - 11am. Sessions are conducted by a masters-level clinician. Every patient is given the opportunity to participate with the clinician and their family members/significant support in up to six separate private sessions to explore more personal treatment concerns. Family therapy sessions take place at Cornerstone of Recovery; however, if needed, family therapy can be conducted by telephone. All of our family services are provided as part of the patient’s treatment experience.
Treatment is the beginning of a new life in recovery. Treatment is not a “CURE.” According to research, the first 18 months of sobriety is extremely critical in regard to long-term recovery. At Cornerstone of Recovery, we believe that it is imperative to maintain contact and involvement with our patients for a minimum of 18 months post treatment.
Cornerstone's professional staff develops a detailed aftercare plan for each patient prior to discharge from our core treatment programs.
What does Continuous Care/Aftercare offer?
- Weekly aftercare meetings with Cornerstone staff for 18 months (longer is needed)
- Support by those who have previously completed treatment and are successfully remaining sober in their communities
- Therapeutic intervention when recommended by staff
- Coping Skills to promote total abstinence
- Ongoing support to help promote positive mental health
- Assistance with reporting requirements (State Medical, Nursing, Pharmacy, Dental, and Veterinary Boards)
- Women Specific Aftercare offered every Thursday
- Weekly Caduceus for medical professionals
Aftercare and Women's Group are both facilitated by masters-level credentialed counselor.
You don't have to live in active addiction any longer.
We are here to help you recover!
Give us a call at (614) 889-0000